Friday!

You know that moment when you take a deep breath before launching into your story and then you decide it's too much to say and you're not quite ready and perhaps you don't have the words? So you just shrug or shake your head or say something pat or altogether different. That's been me all week.

Maybe next week, or next month, or next year, I'll be able to write the post I can't today. But I don't have it in me yet. And, in the meantime, it feels like I've nothing much to give to anybody here or in the real world.

So, just some Friday links so:
- My blonde and blurry selfie
- We should love material things more, not less
"...remedying our troubled relationship with material possessions is no easy matter. One knee-jerk response is to cultivate a sort of blanket disdain for consumer goods. I catch a whiff of this in my own inverse snobbery about my battered, second-hand bike, or my disdain for designer clothes – a hangover from childhood Christianity, which historically painted the material world as corrupt and in opposition to the soul."
- The Wild Ones
- "Amn’t I with you? Amn’t I your girl?"
- Hermes delights and some beautiful shelving

15 comments:

  1. I hope you have a pleasant weekend, filled with flowers,books, and good food. I love the quote, and look forward to investigating the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s I love your short blond hair. Now I want to try it. Are you sure you want to tone it down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - the sun is really hitting it in that photo, but it's still pretty yellow (it was coloured dark to begin with, so it just takes a while to get it down to a true blonde). I'm also have a pretty rosy complexion so the yellowish really doesn't work.

      Delete
  3. I love the blonde hair, it looks fabulous on you, really beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the blonde hair - your eyes are so blue! Hope the weekend is what you need and want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice. My eyes are like a mood ring. Sometimes bright blue, sometimes violet, sometimes stormy sea grey!

      Delete
  5. your hair looks amazing! and that short film/documentary looks wonderful, thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My horoscope, read just before your post (I'm a taurus):
    Friday, Mar 7, 2014 -- You're excited about sharing a recent spiritual experience or an interesting dream with someone special. However, once you get started, you might say more than you initially intended. Ironically, you could use a lot of words now and still not tell your whole story. Omitting significant pieces of information is one way to avoid the truth. There's nothing wrong with this evasive strategy if you promised to keep a secret for someone; however intentional forgetfulness just to save your own skin will lead to trouble.

    Not sure why I post this, but somehow, it seems related to how you feel about your post :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm not a Taurus but it does seem apropos.

      Delete
  7. That too much to say not quite ready feeling... Yes, I've been feeling this way quite often lately. For now I'll check out Hermes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.